Thursday, April 12, 2012

Count your blessings--

“Being a Marine is inherently dangerous but this is a shock to all of us.  Our primary focus right now is making sure our Marines and their families are taken care of.  We send our prayers and sincere condolences to the families of these Marines and mourn with them through this tragic event.”
-Col. Frank Donovan
 Being in a relationship with a Marine never comes easy.  I think anyone you ask that is in a relationship with one would confess that as well.  And its not just marines that this struggle comes with, its anyone in the military.  I know some people belittle other branches and challenge other branches, but at the end of the day every branch does some part in keeping us all safe.  Just recently 2 marines were killed and 2 were severely injured in Morocco due to an MV-22 Osprey crash. This crash didn't happen because of a mission the marines were on, it happened during a bi-lateral training exercise. These marines just left 2 weeks ago for deployment.  Their unit was literally next door to my boyfriends unit.  It's so close to home that it really tugs at my heart- so much that I'm writing about it.
 Since being with Kyle, he hasn't deployed and I am beyond grateful for that.  He almost deployed, but in the end never did.  He is getting out of the Marines in September/October of this year and so from here on out he wont ever have to deploy again.  Kyle has deployed 4 times.  I still get to hug him everyday and hold his hand.  I get to eat dinner with him and be goofy with him.  I get to love him. The wives of the 2 marines will never be able to hug their husbands, hold their hands, kiss them in the morning, just touch them.  It breaks my heart. 
 I preach all the time about how short life is and how each moment should be cherished and never taken for granted.  God has a plan for all of us...a plan that we aren't supposed to know the blueprint for.  We need to live as if each day is our last day here on Earth. I can only pray for the families that have been affected by this crash, and that includes the 2 marines that are injured as well.  It has to be a scary, tough, and confusing time.  Sorry doesn't fix the pain and only time will.  The Lord will never put you through something you cannot handle.  I have learned that over time and it is very true.  Always cherish every moment that you have with someone, because ultimately anything can happen.  Your husband doesn't have to be in the military for an accident to occur. Anything can happen at any time under any circumstance.  I just ask that you be thankful and count your blessings. 

R.I.P. Marines. All gave some, some gave all.


Fly high. Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment