Monday, April 23, 2012

Ooey Gooey whattt!?

Good evening bloggers! How was every one's weekend? I had a wonderful weekend.  Kyle's sister came into town out of the blue and we decided to surprise him and he actually was pretty shocked... I'm not very good at keeping surprises a secret but this one was definitely a success!! We went to dinner at Applebee's Friday night when Kyle got off work and then on Saturday it was gorgeous outside so we all went to the beach and she flew back to Ohio on Sunday- burnt and all :) 

Kyle and Britt at Applebee's

Britt and I at Emerald Isle
 Today starts the Recipe of the Week for my blog!! I hope you guys at least try making these delicious items... I promise whatever I post is good :) This week I decided to start out with a desert because I absolutely love baking.  One of my favorite recipes that I have stumbled upon thanks to Pinterest and Picky-Palate.com is the:

Ooey Gooey Cookies and Cream Cake Bars

Be prepared-- these can be messy once they are ready to eat--- but they are very worth it!
What you need:
  • 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
  • 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cups choc. chips
  • 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 14 oreos, broken into bite size pieces
  • 13x9 pan, foil or wax paper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. 
 
Mix devils food cake, egg, and butter into large bowl
 
After mixing, you can use your hands if you want in order to get a very dough-like texture, like so:
 
 
 Place dough into lined pan in chunks

 
Take palm of your hand or spoon and smash dough to form an even surface
 

Take your 14 oreos and brake them into bite size pieces
 

Spread pieces over dough evenly-- if the oreo's don't cover the dough completely, you may need to break them down into smaller pieces
 

Take the condensed milk and pour entire can over the oreo's to cover completely
 
 
Lastly, add the chocolate chips
 
 
Bake for 23-25 minutes and remove from oven.
After 5 minutes of cooling, run knife around edges to loosen--this makes it easier to remove from foil. Let completely cool and remove foil from pan.  Cut into squares and serve! 
Makes 12 bars.

I hope you enjoy them! They are extremely good!! Let me know how they turn out!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh thank you for sharing!! and you are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsha-- I LOVE your blog! I tried to put a comment but there wasnt anywhere I could!! But I am following you now!

      Delete
  2. damn you Erica!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I just started my diet but I get a cheat day once a month...I am going to be making this then! btw you need to do that twice baked potato casserole recipe! My family literally has me making it like 2-3 times a week now!

    ReplyDelete