Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good Vibes

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  As I previously mentioned in one of my posts,  I had a phone interview with Enterprise.  It went really well and the interviewer asked me to come to her office for an in-person interview on Monday.  That also went very well, and so now I have another interview tomorrow with the area manager.  Something she recommended to me was wearing a suit to the interview tomorrow.  Well I don't have a suit and also don't have the money to splurge on one for a one time thing.  IF I do get hired, yes I will go get a suit, or three. But the way I see it, I'm sorry, if a company doesn't hire someone based on self-induced conclusions about their dress code, then it probably isn't the place I should be working at.  I am going to wear black slacks and a nice shirt so hopefully it will be enough, I am crossing my fingers at least.  I would love to get the position. Please send up a prayer for me, or two :)

So on a different note, Kyle and I decided that our best option for moving is going to be moving into a townhouse/apartment.  He gave me a link to a place called Stonebridge Apartment Homes.  
I looked online and they have a special going on right now where the rent is lowered, allowing it to be in our budget.  Its right by the Greene, which is really close to my best friend Katie Taylor's house so I got really excited about that as well-- and the Greene is only about 15 minutes from both our parents' houses.  So I decided to call them and see if there was any way we could 'lock in' the sale rate but not have it applied until we moved in.  They said that would be fine. (YAY) and so when we go home we will walk through some of the units and see if we fall in love or not.  I'm looking forward to it- I think it will be nice and its a good location :)

Something I will definitely miss, however, is being so close to the beach.  Kyle and I got our first true sunburn this past weekend- Kyle looked like a lobster, I just looked like a shade of pink hahaha.  We went with another couple that we enjoy spending time with, the Combs family and Kyle's friend Shawn.  It was a lot of fun.  A little windy, but still wonderful
Here are some pics from the day:



 

So as you can see- we really enjoyed just being out in the sun and getting some color.  I think we are going to go back this weekend- probably bringing Bailey.  She hasn't been to the beach since she was a puppy and was terrified of it lol.


This was back in January and she was literally only 4 months old. So were hoping she actually might enjoy the water this time around.  She is such a skittish dog naturally so it may be a struggle. 

Alright everyone, I feel like I am rambling on-- I am going to start a "recipe of the week" series and post some creative recipes that I, myself, either am going to make or have made.  I think it will be fun-- especially because I love baking and cooking. So check back on Monday for the recipe of the week starting next week! Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment